2019-2020 COFUND Call for Transnational Research Proposals on “Biodiversity and Climate Change”
BiodivERsA is pleased to announce that its international 2019-2020 COFUND Call for transnational research proposals on “Biodiversity and Climate Change” is now open.
This call will cover the following four non-exclusive themes:
- Consequences of climate change on biodiversity and nature’s contributions to people
- Climate-biodiversity feedback processes
- Potential of nature-based solutions for mitigating and adapting to climate change
- Synergies and trade-offs between policies on biodiversity, climate and other relevant sectors, and the role of agents of change
Research teams will be invited to form transnational research consortia with eligible partners from minimum 3 countries participating in the call (including minimum two from EU Member States or EU Associated Countries).
For applicants from the overseas: provided the criterion above is met (Partners from at least two different EU Member States or Associated Countries participating in the call), for proposals including Partners from outermost regions and overseas countries and territories participating in the call, if two outermost regions and overseas countries and territories are from the same country, these are counted as two participating countries (for the criteria: at least three different countries).
Proposals have to be exclusively written in English.
Looking for a partner or a project to join?
Use the BiodivERsA Partner Search Tool available here
The research proposals will be evaluated across the following criteria:
- Fit to the scope of the call, novelty of the research and transnational added value at step 1 (pre-proposal stage);
- (Scientific) Excellence, quality and efficiency of the implementation and impact (including expected policy and/or societal impact and approach to stakeholder engagement) at step 2 (full proposal stage).
Get prepared by consulting
34 funding organisations from 26 countries are joining this call and have reserved – together with the European Commission* – a total amount of over 26 Million Euro:
Austria, Belgium, Brazil (Sao Paulo State), Brazil**, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Israel, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia and Turkey
* EC contribution is still tentative, pending on the signature of the Grant Agreement of the BiodivClim COFUND Action
** The following Brazilian States will participate in the call, with the support of CONFAP : Alagoas, Amazonas, Bahia, Distrito Federal, Espirito Santu, Goias, Maranhao, Mato Grosso, Mato Grosso do Sul, Minas Gerais, Paraiba, Parana, Pernambuco, Rio de Janeiro, Rio Grande do Sul, Santa Catarina
Please note that each research Partner in a project must comply with the eligibility criteria and rules of its funding organisation.
A two-step process will apply, with a mandatory submission of pre-proposals at the first step and submission of full proposals at the second step, via an Electronic Proposal Submission System (EPSS). The link to the EPSS will be available soon on the BiodivERsA website.
- Launch of the call: Monday 02 September 2019
- Deadline for pre-proposals submission (mandatory): Tuesday 05 November 2019, 16:00 CET (local time in Brussels)
- Deadline for full-proposals submission: Tuesday 10 April 2020, 16:00 CEST (local time in Brussels)
Make sure to consult the complete announcement of opportunities and all supporting documents on the BiodivERsA website.
For general information on the call, please contact the Call Secretariat: Céline Billière, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For specific questions related to the budget, criteria and rules of your funding organisation, please consult your Funding organisation’s rules and contact your FCP (available here).
- For technical questions regarding the EPSS, please contact the EPSS technical helpdesk: Taavi Tiirik, email@example.com
Here is the link to the call on BiodivERsA website: www.biodiversa.org/2019-call, where you will find the most updated information about this call.
Please note that:
- As for previous calls, we have developed a Partner Search Tool, where potential applicants can look for a Partner or a project to join. We invite you to advertise this tool.
Bližšie informácie o témach pripravovanej výzvy sú dostupné priamo na web stránke BiodivERsA http://www.biodiversa.org/1587,
V prípade akýchkoľvek otázok môžete kontaktovať Odbor medzinárodnej spolupráce, Zuzana Panisová, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 025751 0245
Predsedníctvo SAV Uznesením č. 728 alokovalo pre uvedenú výzvu indikatívny rozpočet 240 000 eur na podporu celkovo 2 projektov na 3 roky. Konkrétne ide o podporu 40 000 eur/rok/projekt, z toho 15 000 eur/rok/projekt kryje príslušný ústav SAV. Finančná spoluúčasť je nevyhnutnou podmienkou pre predloženie návrhu projektu (Eligibilility of the project)
Ing .Ján Barančík, PhD.
SAS BiodivERsA Coordinator