ERA-MIN Joint Call 2018 Pre-announcement
ERA-MIN Joint Call 2018
Raw materials for the sustainable development and the circular economy
- September 30, 2018 – Second Call pre-announcement
- October 31, 2018 - Call for proposals opens
- January 31, 2019 - Call for proposals closes
- May 14, 2019 - Communication of call results
- November 1, 2019 - Latest date for project start
Call documents will be available at www.era-min.eu/call
2018 Call scope and topics
The scope of the 2018 Joint Call is needs-driven research addressing all aspects of the non-energy non- agricultural raw materials life cycle covering both primary and secondary resources. The thematic areas are:
1. Supply of raw materials from exploration and mining
3. Processing, Production and Remanufacturing
4. Recycling and Re-use of End-of-Life Products
5. Cross-cutting topics
Proposals within Topic 5 are expected to propose non-technological innovations regarding:
- New business models,
- Improvement of methods or data for environmental impact assessment,
- Social acceptance and trust/public perception of raw materials.
Who may apply?
- All stakeholders in the raw materials value chain, including academia, industry, NGOs, public authorities and civil society who meet the eligibility criteria.
- Applicants not requesting funding can be partners of the consortium on the condition that they provide evidence of the availability of their own funds to cover their costs.
- Each consortium must be composed of at least three independent legal entities eligible to request funding from the Funding Organisations of, at least, two different countries whereof at least one is a EU Member State or EU Associated Country participating in the Call.
- The coordinator of the consortium must be eligible for funding and be established in a country or region participating in the Call.
Applicants are obliged to check with their national/regional contact point about the relevant national/regional regulations.
Participating countries and regions
The participating funding organisations (ministries, funding agencies, regions) are not only the partners of ERA-MIN 2 but also other countries and regions that wish to coordinate their funding programmes with ERA- MIN 2. The updated list of countries/regions participating in this call will be announced in September 2018. The countries and regions that are planning to participate in the ERA-MIN Joint Call 2018 are:
Belgium-Flanders; Belgium-Wallonia (to be confirmed); Finland; France; Germany (to be confirmed); Italy- Calabria (to be confirmed); Ireland; Poland; Portugal (to be confirmed); Romania; Slovakia (SAS); Slovenia; Spain (to be confirmed); Spain - Castilla y Léon; Sweden
EU Associated country: Turkey
Non-EU countries: Brazil, Chile and South Africa
About ERA-MIN 2
ERA-MIN 2 is a Pan-European, global, innovative and flexible network of 21 public research and innovation funding organisations of EU countries and regions and non-EU countries that aims to develop the non-energy and non-agricultural raw materials sector: metallic, construction and industrial minerals. ERA-MIN 2 has successfully implemented an EU co-funded joint call for collaborative R&I projects in 2017. As a result, 16 transnational projects were supported with 12.3 million Euros of public funding and 16 million total costs. The additional joint calls will be implemented without EU funding and with national and regional funds only.
For further information, please contact the Joint Call Secretariat (email@example.com) More information will be available at www.era-min.eu
Predsedníctvo SAV uznesením č. 416 súhlasilo s účasťou SAV na predmetnej výzve a s finančnou podporou 1 úspešného projektu vo výške 40.000 €/projekt/rok ( 15.000 € je spoluúčasť ústavu SAV) pre obdobie 3 rokov.
Jan Barancik, PhD. SAS Coordinator for ERA-MIN 2