Information Page of SAS Organisation

Logo

Institute of Archaeology

Akademická 2
949 21 Nitra
Slovak Republic
 

Detached branches

Department of research of eastern Slovakia, Hrnčiarska 13, 040 01 Košice, tel. 055/6222682, fax: 055/7295558

Research department in Zvolen, Štúrova 2, 960 53 Zvolen, tel.: 0902/925642

 
Director: doc. PhDr. Matej Ruttkay, CSc.
E-mail:
Phone: +421-37-6410051
Fax: +421-37-7335618
Secretariat: Magdaléna Křížová
E-mail:
Tel: 037/6410051; 037/6943231
Fax: +421-37-7335618
 
The Institute has been established in 1939 as the State Archaeological and Conservation Institute. In 1953 it was included among working places of the Slovak Academy of Sciences. The Institute carries out scientific and research activities in the field of archaeology and related disciplines within the framework of its own scientific and research programme, grant projects, state orders, international projects as well as of individual tasks of its professional workers. Obtained results are introduced into public life in the form of popularising and cultural educational activities. The Institute also works as an educational working place for new experts in archaeology.