Institute of Hydrology SAS
||RNDr. Pavla Pekárová DrSc.
||Institute of Hydrology SAS performs research in the field of Earth and environmental sciences and in the field of environmental engineering; its activity is focused to the field of surface and subsurface water hydrology with accent to:
- water balance elements changes in catchments;
- transport processes of water and soluted stuff in the system atmosphere – plant canopy – soil water – groundwater with special accent to the subsurface water formation and its quality;
- transport of surface and subsurface water, soluted and dispersed stuff;
- the anthropogenic influence on hydrological processes, including processes of surface and subsurface water pollution;
- hydrological regime of surface and subsurface water changes due to expected climate changes;
- problems solution related to the environmental management, ecology, land protection and use, hydrogeology, pedology;
- problems solution related to waterworks and their influence on environment, hydromelioration, hydrotechnics application, water streams management, flood protection, water streams morphology, lakes, and water reservoirs with catchment integrated management, water planning and water resources protection;
- problems solution related to landscape engineering, plant and soil protection in relation to water balance to secure water resources during drought periods.
The Institute performs consultancy and expertise services related to the institute main activity. Institute is performing PhD study according to the actual legal regulations. The institute is publishing results of research by periodic and other publications (monographs; Journal of Hydrology and Hydromechanics, Acta Hydrologica Slovaca and others), and by scientific conferences and other meetings. Organization is spreading the results of research to propagate the Institute and to increase information level of specialists and interesting bodies.
||IMC-S-00-0071-UH: Estimation of hydrophysical, physical, transport, ......
IMC-S-00-0072-UH: Monitoring of the soil moisture changes in agricul......
IMC-S-00-0073-UH: Evaluation of Environmental Impact Assessment (E.I......
IMC-S-00-0074-UH: Assessment of the surface water pollution impacts ......