The Journal Ecology (Bratislava) places the main emphasis on papers dealing with complex characteristics of ecosystems. Treated are not only general, theoretical and methodological but also particular practical problems of landscape preservation and planning. The ecological problems of the biosphere are divided into four topics:
* ecology of populations – study of plant and animal populations as basic components of ecosystems,
* ecosystem studies – structure, processes, dynamics and functioning of ecosystems and their mathematical modelling,
* landscape ecology – theoretical and methodical aspects, complex ecological investigation of territorial entities and ecological optimization of landscape utilization,
* human impacts – ecological consequences of anthropis activities on ecosystems.
* Special sections: Terminology, Discussion, Chronicle.
Casopis vychadza 4x rocne v rozsahu 112 stran. Rozsiruje, objednavky a predplatne prijima SAP – Slovak Academic Press Ltd., P. O. Box 57, Nam. slobody 6, 810 05 Bratislava. Objednavky do zahranicia vybavuje SAP – Slovak Academic Press Ltd., P. O. Box 57, Nam. slobody 6, 810 05 Bratislava. Registr. c. 7123.
Casopis je priebezne sledovany v tychto “Current Contents”:
Institute for Scientific Information (ISI) (Philadelphia, USA);
Cambridge Scientific Abstracts (Bethesda, USA);
Current Awareness in Biological Sciences (Leicester, England);
Geo Abstracts (Norwich, England).
Edited by the Institute of Landscape Ecology of the Slovak Academy of Sciences Bratislava, The Slovak Republic and Institute of Landscape Ecology of Academy of Sciences, Ceske Budějovice, The Czech Republic in the Publishing House SAP, Slovak Academic Press Ltd., P. O. Box 57, Nam. slobody 6, 810 05 Bratislava.