||The mission of the Institute is:
The research comprises mainly:
- basic research of inorganic and bioinorganic systems aimed at the optimization and development of new materials and technologies ,
- upbringing (education) of new scientists in relevant areas within the framework approved by the Ministry of education of Slovak Republic ,
- contribution to the research and development in joint fields of interest in Slovak Republic and abroad by expertise and collaboration with universities, nonprofit as well profit institutions .
The research is upgraded and conducted in funded scientific and research projects - governmental or international grants, as well as contracts with industrial bodies .
- relationships between composition and structure of inorganic compounds, i. e. advanced ceramics, molten systems and hydrosilicates ,
- phenomena and chemical reactions in inorganic systems and on phase boundaries ,
- thermodynamics of many component systems ,
- development and application of theoretical and experimental methods for the estimation of the structure and properties of compounds .
The Institute realizes its mission and research in the following Departments:
Joint laboratory of glass of the Institute of Inorganic Chemistry SASci and Trencin University
- Department of ceramics
- Department of hydrosilicates
- Department of molten systems
- Department of theoretical chemistry