Information Page of SAS Organisation

Logo

Institute for Heart Research

Dúbravská cesta 9
P.O.Box.104
840 05 Bratislava 45
Slovak Republic
 
Director: RNDr. Miroslav Barančík, DrSc.
E-mail:
Phone: +421-2-3229 5404
Fax:
Secretariat: Marta Hybelová
E-mail:
Tel: +421-2- 3229 5403
Fax:
 
The origin of the Institute for Heart Research may be traced back to January 1,1955,
when the Laboratory for Experimental Surgery of the Slovak Academy of Sciences
was established. At that time, the Laboratory was a leading scientific institution
performing research in the field of cardiovascular physiology and particularly in
cardiac surgery. In 1964, The Laboratory was transformed into the Institute of
Experimental Surgery. Later, the research of the Institute became focused on the
problems of theoretical and experimental cardiology. In accordance with these trends
the name of the Institute was changed to the Institute for Heart Research in 1990.